and International Protocol
like eye contact, touching, how far to stand apart, bowing and hand
gestures can be vastly different from country to country. Corporate
protocol dictates how to greet your business associate from overseas,
become a gracious host or encourage fruitful negotiations and is
crucial in successful business interactions.
How much do you really know about
the wide world?
Do you consider yourself suave when it comes to savoir-faire?
Take this quiz to find out!
True or False?:
- The circle sign with three fingers raised is the universal
sign for OK
- In Germany, the proper toast is "Prosit"
- In Brazil, it is offensive to send purple flowers as a thank-you
- If you are in an uncomfortable situation,
try some humor to lighten the tension
- In Sweden, it is offensive to toast your host before he toasts
- In Thailand, the proper greeting is the wai
- It is always recommended that a woman wear a suit when conducting
- The universally accepted distance between two people when they
are discussing business is three feet
- In Europe, a man should wait for a woman to extend her hand
in handshaking situations
- In Japan, it is impolite to pass out your business card when
first meeting someone
- The French often invite business guests
into their homes
- Pasta is usually served as a main course in Italy
- Most Greek food is served lukewarm
- White suits are acceptable for men in Hong Kong because of the
high humidity and the temperature
- In Scotland, the people are called Scots
Click here for the
& ©2000 Total Design Creations;
email@example.com. For web
site information please contact the Webmaster